How to Fix Netgear Router Not Working?
If you are having issues with your Netgear device or Netgear Router Not Responding? Then you don’t need to worry about it. Because you can easily fix the issue with the below given easy solutions & steps.
Solutions to Fix Netgear Router Not Responding Issue:
Solution 1: Reboot the Netgear Router
- Firstly, you should try to confirm the signal from your Internet Service Provider (ISP), as it may be a cause of your problem of the Netgear router not connecting to the internet. Then follow these steps to fix the problem.
- Turn off the wireless function and then straightly connect your PC to the Netgear router using an Ethernet cable.
- Next, reboot your PC and then verify for an Internet connection.
- In case, still, if there is not an internet connection then try to reboot the Netgear router.
Solution 2: Verify Login Credentials
When the Netgear router not working after correctly logging in to your router account, then perform the following troubleshooting steps for assistance with accessing your NETGEAR router.
- Check that you are using the correct web address, user name, and default password to login into your Router device.
- Validate that your router’s IP Address is ‘192.168.1.1’ or ‘192.168.0.1’.
- Try to clear your browser cache. Also, trying to use a different browser might fix your router accessing issue.
Solution 3: Perform a Factory Reset Procedure
Still, if you are Netgear Router not Responding, then try to perform a factory reset procedure. Ensure a factory reset erases all personalized settings including your username, password, WIFI network name (SSID), and security settings.
- To Perform a Factory Reset, Follow These Steps:
- Confirm that your Netgear router Power light is ON.
- On the back of your Netgear router, find the ‘Restore Factory Settings/Reset’ button.
- Then press and hold the Restore Factory Settings/Reset button by using a paper clip for a few seconds, and then release the button.
- Now your Netgear router resets.
Hopefully, your issue is fixed now.